WHO ARE WE?
Our website address is: https://www.shiftnigeria.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use or otherwise access our Services, we may collect information in multiple ways, including when you provide information directly to us, and when we passively collect information from your browser or device.
INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE DIRECTLY TO US:
We collect information from you (including, but not limited to, your name, email address, educational background, work history, state of origin, bank information including your currency, bank name, card details) when you voluntarily provide such information to us, such as when you register for access to start a campaign or support a campaign.
You may also provide us with information relating to third parties-including information stored in your email and mobile device address books- such as, including but not limited to, names, phone numbers of your contacts (collectively, “Third-Party Data”). The Services may request your permission to access such Third-Party Data.
Our Services will include online chats and message boards between candidates and supporters. Please note that any information that is disclosed in these areas become public information for both us and other users. Please be considerate and respectful while communicating opinions, ideas and strategies.
We reserve the right to review and monitor such posting or any other content on our Services and to remove postings or content that may be viewed as inappropriate or offensive to others.
INFORMATION THAT IS PASSIVELY OR AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
We may collect the following technical data about users of the Service including:
1. Device & Usage Information: When you use our services, we automatically receive and store certain information from devices that is used to access the Services. This information includes the type of internet browser mobile device used, operating system, browser plug-in types, and location data through an IP address that identifies the location where you logged into the Platform. This information may be included in databases owned and maintained by SHIFT Nigeria, affiliates, agents or service providers. Information about visits to the Website or use of the Services, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from
the Website and the Services (including date and time log); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any other phone number used to call our customer service number will also be collected by SHIFT Nigeria.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS included). Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
2. Cookies and other Electronic Technologies: When you visit our Platform, our web server sends a cookie to your computer or mobile devices. Cookies are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or access or use a mobile application, and sometimes track information about your use of our Platform. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web or application session and expire when
Cookies enable us to store information about your preferences and therefore customize the Website according to your individual interests. They are also used to monitor which parts of the Website are the most popular to its visitors. You are not obliged to accept cookies and you can amend your browser’s settings to prevent cookies being accepted by it. Please be aware that if you do disable cookies your use and enjoyment of the Services will be impaired.
3. Comments: When visitors leave comments on the site we collect data shown in the comments form. We also collect the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
1. When you register to use the Services; starting or supporting a campaign.
2. When you correspond with us by phone, in writing or otherwise.
3. When you report a problem or receive support in connection with the Services.
4. When you use the Services.
5. When you provide this information to us.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR DATA
We use your data to provide the Relevant Services and to provide you with information about the Relevant Services. We may also use data collected to send communications relating to the Services. For example, we may send periodic emails to registered users relating to their recent interactions with the Platform such as donating to a campaign or volunteering to a campaign. We may also use data collected for internal analyse in order for us to provide better services to our users.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE SERVICE
We do not provide your information to third parties for marketing or commercial purposes unless you have provided consent. There are certain circumstances in which we may share information collected through the Services with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
1. Sub-contractors for the performance of any contract relating to the Website and the Relevant Services; including payment processors, data aggregators and hosting service providers.
2. If our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets;
3. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any contract;
4. If you choose to support a campaign by donating or volunteering, we will share your name, email address and other information you have provided in connection to the candidate, who may contact you. By supporting a campaign, you consent to our sharing the above information and to the candidate contacting you.
5. We may use third party web analytics services on our Services, such as those of Google Analytics. This assists us in the improvement and optimization of the Website. This may result in you seeing advertisements for our Platform when you visit other websites.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
For candidates, the information for campaign application is immediately deleted after the Campaign due date on Application Interface (API) but the database is retained with us indefinitely.
For Supporters that register on our website, we store the personal information provided in your profile.
All users can see, edit their profile image, phone number and passwords at any time. If you want to edit any other information, you have to send a request to email@example.com.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes.
Our Services are not designed for use by individuals under the age of 13 (or 16 in Europe). If you are under the age of 13 (or 16 in Europe), please do not use the Services and/or submit any information through the Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 (or 16 in Europe) has provided personal information to SHIFT Nigeria through the Services, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete that information from our databases to the extent required by law.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that the information is treated securely in accordance with this Privacy Notice. To protect the privacy and security of the Services, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to information.
Should you have any questions or clarifications, you can always reach us at email@example.com